Thursday, April 5, 2012

6 months already?

Today was an emotional day for me. Bennett & Ella turned 6 months! I know this may seem silly to most people, celebrating monthly "birthdays" I just feel that we have so much to celebrate and be thankful for. Six months ago today, I gave birth to my little monsters and had no idea what was in store for us. Anyone who has ever had a child in the NICU knows what a hard time this is. Regardless if your child is in there for a day or for several months, it is a very stressful time. The 3 weeks that Bennett & Ella were in the NICU seemed like eternity. I can't even begin to explain the feeling of seeing your tiny angels with several cords/tubes attached to their bodies. The worse is not being able to hold them whenever you want, or be able to just take them home. We waited for them for over 3 years, and it was so hard FINALLY having them here and just feeling so helpless. I don't know that I have ever prayed as much as I did when they were in the NICU.

Bennett Lee & Ella Mae 10/7/2011

They are my little fighters and I thank God every day for them. This is a reason why we celebrate monthly "birthdays" in our home. Silly or not, I love doing it and it brings me such joy seeing how much they grow each and every month. The last 6 months have been such a wonderful experience and I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. Your so cute Vicki. I love reading your comments, they make me smile and giggle inside. You have two very...cute monsters :-)

    ReplyDelete